Composition of the Board of Directors
Age Pyramid of the Board of Directors
Corporate Governance Report
Internal Controls and Risk Management
Terra’s success as an organisation depends on its ability to identify and manage risks that can prevent it from achieving its objectives, including both downside risks as well as upside risks related to opportunities generated by its business and the markets it operates in. While ultimate responsibility for risk management rests with the Board, the effective day-to-day management of risk resides in the way Terra conducts its business and the culture of its team. Terra takes an embedded approach to risk management that puts risk assessment at the core of the leadership team agenda.
(pursuant to Section 166(d) of the Companies Act 2001)
We certify that, to the best of our knowledge and belief, Terra Mauricia Ltd has filed with the Registrar of Companies all such returns as are required under the Companies Act 2001.
Statement of Compliance
(pursuant to Section 75(3) of the Financial Reporting Act)
Name of Public Interest Entity: TERRA Mauricia Ltd (The Company)
Reporting period: 01 January to 31 December 2022
We, the Directors of TERRA Mauricia Ltd, confirm that, to the best of our knowledge, the Company has complied with all of its obligations and requirements under the Code of Corporate Governance.
Statement of Directors’ Responsibilities in Respect of Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements
Directors acknowledge their responsibilities for:
- adequate accounting records and maintenance of effective internal control systems;
- the preparation of consolidated and separate financial statements which fairly present the state of affairs of the Company as at the end of the financial year and the results of its operations and cash flows for that period and which comply with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), the Companies Act and the Financial Reporting Act; and
- the selection of appropriate accounting policies supported by reasonable and prudent judgements and estimates.
The Directors report that:
- adequate accounting records and an effective system of internal controls and risk management have been maintained;
- appropriate accounting policies supported by reasonable and prudent judgements and estimates have been used consistently;
- IFRS, the Companies Act, and the Financial Reporting Act have been adhered to. Any departure in the interest of fair presentation has been disclosed, explained, and quantified;
- the Code of Corporate Governance has been adhered to. Reasons have been provided where there has been non-compliance; and
- The full Annual Report is published on the Company’s website.